Lead Developer, Machine Learning
We are looking for a Lead Developer with excellent experience designing and developing modern Machine Learning frameworks using Python and its ML libraries. This position is for one of World’s leading Quantitative Hedge Funds, based in their London offices and responsible for a greenfield Machine Learning platform build. The successful candidate will be part of, and work in partnership with the Senior Quantitative Analysts engaged in alpha research for a fund with over $15bn AUM running on systematic trading strategies. As the lead developer on this team, you will be responsible for designing and developing the entire Machine Learning platform. You can utilise code and systems already used, or you could start from scratch, and build a World-class platform entirely of your design and code.
- Work closely with senior quants and research to Analyse requirements for the new platform
- Architect the platform and all of its components
- Lead all stages of the design, development and implementation of the new and modern ML research platform
- Work closely with the Quants to better analyse massive data sets and develop tools to evaluate the large volumes of data to help improve trading strategies performance.
- Ongoing research, optimisation, development and support of your quantitative ML research framework
- Lead, develop and mentor a small team of new and experienced Quantitative Developers on Python, ML Libraries and Machine Learning topics
- Potentially take charge and lead the Machine Learning R&D agenda for the entire fund in the future.
- Experience designing and developing robust software
- Experience working with Quants or other highly analytical and technical stakeholders
- Experience building modern Machine Learning platforms, from architecture to implementation to support.
- Hands-on Engineer with deep expertise on Python, sklearn, XGBoost, lightGBM, etc.)
- Experience building systems on microservices architecture using tools like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc
- Deep Computer Science and Machine Learning background and knowledge
- Competitive basic salary
- Exceptional Annual Bonus
- Healthcare, pension etc
- Amazing culture of collaboration and innovation
- Intellectually stimulating environment
- Greenfield Project