DevOps Engineer, Prop Sports
London-based data-driven financial technology and Sports Trading company with a mission to provide the highest levels of precision in risk management. They develop high-quality platforms that operate low-latency proprietary trading systems and B2B risk management solutions in the sports-betting, gaming and financial industries.
This multidisciplinary engineering team consists of exceptional practitioners who challenge each other to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems. It is common for their engineers to move between numerous projects and gain exposure to a variety of technologies. Despite their position as an industry leader, they are a relatively small team of technologists. As a result, all team members have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the organisation.
The culture is one of continuous learning, accountability, collaboration and impact. They are looking to hire talented developers who wish to master their technical skills, perpetuate a knowledge-driven environment and enjoy collaboration and solving complex problems.
As an Application Support and DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running and stability of business-critical systems. You will be investigating and resolving issues as they arise and proactively monitoring critical systems. Given the 24/7 nature of the business, this role will involve varying shift patterns.
- 1st and 2nd line support responsibilities
- Proactively monitor the overall health and performance of the technology platform
- Analyse and troubleshoot the complex system, software, and networking infrastructure issues
- Work closely with the engineering and quant teams to coordinate changes and manage incidents
- Define and document process and procedure
- Liaise with stakeholders when issues arise
- Experience supporting real-time transactional systems (desirable)
- Computer science (or similar) degree from a top institution at 2:1 or above
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX OS including advanced commands and shell scripts
- Practical working knowledge of python, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of AWS
- Familiarity with SQL and DBMS, ideally Postgres
- Understanding of networking concepts
- A rigorous, detail-oriented approach to operations
- Ability to operate and communicate clearly under pressure
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team environment with a positive can-do attitude