Senior Risk Manager, Equity Derivatives
Major Global Hedge Fund looking for a very senior Risk Manager with deep and current experience of Equity Derivatives and Volatility Trading in a production environment.
Part of a small but highly regarded and visible front office investment risk team, you will take ownership and provide risk management leadership for a $2bln AuM Equity Derivatives and Volatility Fund. You will work very closely with the investment team who are responsible for the creation and management of unique investment strategies that focus on the options and volatility asset class. The group operates at the intersection of quantitative modelling, technology and portfolio management and is therefore highly interdisciplinary. As the Risk Manager for this fund, you will take full ownership and management for all trading risk related matters including but not limited to: creating risk best practice, risk and quantitative modelling, designing a new risk framework for derivatives and volatility, and provide the investment team with a portfolio advisory service and strategy critique. This is a very senior position that requires expert knowledge, expertise and gravitas, but it is also a fully hands-on role – there are no team management responsibilities in the short term.
- Take full ownership and deliver on all Trading Risk matters for a large and growing Derivatives and Volatility fund
- Research, design, create and implement a World class Risk framework specifically for trading Equity Derivatives and Volatility
- Provide Risk leadership and direction across the firm for Quantitative Derivatives and Volatility Trading
- Create a vision and plan for a World class risk operation for derivatives and volatility. Execute and drive that agenda at the firm
- Analyse large data sets, extract critical features, and modelling of information for Risk, investment, and portfolio management purposes
- Develop a deep understanding and expertise in the funds' unique approach and style of trading options and volatility globally.
- Expert level knowledge across the Equity Derivatives and Equity Volatility Trading spectrum
- Strong expertise in risk modelling (Implied Volatility, Volatility Risk Premium, VaR, Greeks, Vega and Gamma risk, Standard Deviation etc) and good knowledge/experience derivatives pricing
- Excellent experience and training in Equity Index, single stocks, ETF options, VIX, Variance Swaps, Far out Options, Out of the money options
- Analysis of large & complex data sets to extract useful insights
- Quantitative mindset with experience working on highly quantitative trading models
- Solid foundation in optimisation, probability and statistics. Practical approach to problem-solving.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills. Gravitas to lead and direct the risk approach in a major hedge fund.
- Hedge Fund, Asset Management or Proprietary Trading experience. Track record in the same role or similar position
- Ideally some coding and/or debugging experience in either Matlab, SQL, Python, R, Java, C# or C++
- Superb academic background from a highly regarded institution
Total comp: high base salary + cash bonus (£400k-£700k)
Benefits: full executive package
Other: 25 days’ vacation. collaborative, dynamic and high-tech culture. free breakfast and lunch. gym etc